AST vs. UST
are many Advantages of an Aboveground Storage Tank (AST) versus
an Underground Storage Tank (UST). Before you make this very
important decision consider the following:
- INSTALLATION COSTS - Both the AST equipment and
installation costs will be much less than the cost of a
- DEPRECIATION - Real estate with underground tanks
will depreciate in value due to the threat of contamination,
whereas land values with aboveground tanks will remain constant
or appreciate with the normal trends.
- SOIL SAMPLES - Expensive soil samples are not required
when selling property with an aboveground system.
- SOIL CONTAMINATION - No risk of contamination or
expensive remediation with AST's
- VISUAL INSPECTIONS - Easier to inspect and respond
to leaks or problems.
- HIGH RESALE VALUE - Our systems retain a high resale
value if there is the need to relocate and sell the unit.
- TAX CONSEQUENCES - With our portable system it
is considered personal property and is taxed accordingly.
- FINANCING - AST's are easier to finance than UST's
because lending institutions are less apt to re-coop their
loses in case of default.
- NO UST SUPERFUND COSTS - You will not have to pay
into the Federal UST Superfund account when you own an Aboveground
- PORTABLE – The obvious advantage to the AST.